- Borrow & Request
- Meet & Study Here
- Tech & Print
1. The easiest way to highlight and annotate PDFs you have saved in your Zotero library is to use the free Adobe Reader commenting tools. To access these tools, first make sure your browser is set up to open PDFs in Adobe. To do this, check your browser Application Options. The examples shown demonstrate how this works in Firefox. Depending on how your toolbars are configured, either click on the Firefox menu then choose Options (first image) OR click on Tools and then choose Options (second image).
2. Choose the Applications tab, then make sure your Adobe Acrobat Documents are set to open using Adobe Reader. (For more instructions on setting this up, see this Mozilla Support page).
3. Now open up your PDF from your Zotero library (either double click on the item entry in the middle pane or the PDF icon below the item in the middle pane).
4. The Adobe Reader tools should now be available within your PDF. Choose the Comment tab to find the annotating and highlighting tools.
5. Once you are finished reading, annotating and highlighting your PDF, click the Save icon. You will be asked if you want to replace the existing file. Choose Yes to save your newly annotated file. The file will then be saved to your Zotero storage area.
6. Re-open your PDF any time from within your Zotero library to access your PDF and your highlights and annotations again.
121 The Valley Library
Corvallis OR 97331–4501