- Borrow & Request
- Meet & Study Here
- Tech & Print
The federal government established a system of depository libraries in 1813. The OSU Libraries became a depository in 1907, number 0501, along with most other land grant institutional libraries of that time.
The FDLP symbol is posted at each entryway to the Valley Library, indicating that the Library is a congressionally designated depository for U.S. Government documents. Public access to the government documents collection is guaranteed by public law. (Title 44 United States Code)
As a selective depository we determine which publications of the government should be added to our collection. The Valley Library is also participating in a shared repository arrangement with the Oregon State Library. We have agreed to select and keep all publications of several federal agencies on behalf of the state of Oregon:
For a complete summary of holdings by all four libraries participating in Oregon's regional collection, see the Oregon Regional Federal Depository Collection Holdings List Summary. More information concerning the Federal Depository Program in Oregon, including regional contacts, is found on the Federal Government Information page on the Oregon State Library website.
121 The Valley Library
Corvallis OR 97331–4501